Vacation and Mammoplasty with silicone implants of 250 ml combined in Istanbul

Vacation and Mammoplasty with silicone implants of 250 ml combined in Istanbul

– Bericht vom Monday, 15. October 2012

Written on October 15th, 2012 Monday 12.10.2012
Aesthetic surgical experience of 26 years-old Ramona S.

After terrible treatment with a macro lane gel, I decided to have a one week vacation in Turkey to compensate the damage. In 2012 Spring, I had a macro lane gel included treatment by a dermatologist in Switzerland. I had bigger breasts by being injected 140 ml of hyaluronic acid gel into each of my breasts. As I was afraid of getting a surgery and surgery related scars, I thought injection was a fine alternative.

It all seemed allright at the very beginning. Although the difference was not very obvious, it was very important for me to have bigger breasts. I was glad with the result at that point. My purpose was to see how my breast shape changed and grow bigger before I decided to have a surgery for sure.Regrettably, the holes through which macro lane gel was injected turned into swellings and caused a visible and perceivable unpleasant look. Therefore, my dermatologist had to release some of the hyaluronic acid gel piled inside by re-opening these injection wholes. Yet, these holes were not exactly closed and even weeks later, a significant amount of gel was leaking.

Gel piled up greatly on my right breast and when the gel in the size of a small apple was released, the difference between two breasts became visible. Therefore, we had to release the gel on the left breast as well. In order to remove the remaining gel, dermatologist reopened these holes and tried to remove as much wasted material as possible.Due to the unpleasant result of the procedure, my doctor did not charge for a great amount of the expenses, reasonably and the doctor also refunded some of the material expenses, as well. Apparently, my doctor applied macro lane treatment to more than three hundred women and she never came across with this unpleasant case other than mine.
As I had been through so many things and as I still had no improvement on the size of my breasts; I decided to have a mammoplasty in order to be placed an implant. I started to search the internet and I received information on the possibilities, process and costs from the surgeons in my neighbourhood. Mammoplasty operation is very expensive in Switzerland and the surgical operation performed by a Swiss surgeon does not necessarily have to be better than that of a foreign surgeon. Once I discuss this issue with my friends who had mammoplasty abroad, I saw that mammoplasty applications abroad were better and more professional. When it is considered that aesthetic surgeries are more often abroad in comparison to Switzerland, and when I consider the terrible experience I had before, I had a stronger trust in surgeons abroad in terms of experience and work routine.
Then, I saw Swisslasik on the internet and I contacted with this intermediary company first via e-mail, then personally. I had all the information I was looking for through a very quick and sincere consultancy service. The size of the breasts and other details will be determined after seeing the doctor in Istanbul. I preferred Acibadem Hospital in Istanbul and an appointment was settled for the pre-examination by the aesthetic surgeon.

When I landed, my companion welcomed me and we were driven to the hotel in private car. The driver was very punctual. He took me from the hotel to my pre-examination appointment at the hospital right on time, on the other day. Due to a special condition resulting from a terrible macro lane gel experience, the surgeon requested an ultrasound examination in order to see the remaining amount before placing silicones of 250 ml into the breasts. He did not want to start a surgery without knowing how the remaining material was spread all over my breasts and also without evaluating the relevant infection risks! I definitely approved these pre-examinations as I really wished that the infection risk was low. Besides, it was very nice to see that the doctor was really worried about my health and did not prefer a surgical operation without being sure.

He told me that he would not accept the surgery as it would risk my and his safety if the remaining waste material had been too much.Ultrasound results showed that both breasts had a little amount of macro lane gel on breast lines. Besides, on the left breast, a small amount was also injected into pectoral muscle as well! It was of course impossible to remove the gel in the pectoral muscle. This one had to be resolved by natural ways and that would take about one or one and a half year as of the injection date.

Once the doctors had my results, the surgeon agreed on a surgery. He was going to remove the gel as much as possible before placing silicone implants. In addition, in order to reduce the infection risk to minimum, he insisted on that I should stay in the hospital for at least two days and I agreed. Then, the surgery might be started the other day.

The surgeon drew the markings in the preparation room and last details were discussed. Then I was taken to the operation room via a stretcher bearer after wearing surgical gown and supportive socks. Once I was transferred from the stretcher bearer to the operation desk, I was given narcosis and I had a peaceful and comfortable sleep. I couldn’t exactly realize that the surgery ended when I woke up. Therefore, I asked doctors when they would start. They told me it all ended and it was successful. When I looked at my breasts to see the result, I immediately realized the difference and the perfect result. After a short period of resting, I was taken to a single room. The hospital room in Acibadem Maslak was very well decorated and I didn’t have anything missing for the next two days. Nurses and caregivers were very sincere and compassionate. Food was delicious. It was a mixture of traditional Turkish cuisine and modern cuisine. For each meal, they were bringing two trays so that my companion’s food was always ready.

After second night, drainages were removed. Pain was in the limits. Especially in the mornings and late evenings, there was an uncomfortable pressure. Yet, I was able to manage either with few or no pain killer a couple of days later. My breasts were swollen and their skin was tight for a couple of more days, naturally. It was supposed to take two or four months in order to have soft breast skin and the final shape of the breasts.

However, right after the surgery and after these two days, I was able to see that they had a beautiful and big look. The result was beautiful and symmetrical. I was very pleased with my new body shape! I was allowed to leave the hospital in a happy and healthy mood and thus to enjoy Istanbul for a couple of days. A couple of days later, before I return home, doctor did one last medical check at the end of my 10 days Istanbul journey. I felt no pain during the flight and I had no problem in any of the days or weeks afterwards. It has been two months since the surgery. scars are naturally a bit red but recovery process is very fine. The supportive bra they gave me at the hospital is a perfect match; I wear it day and night, even for sports.

I can only talk about good things about my surgery in Turkey and I am very comfortable while recommending this place to those who would like to have an aesthetic surgery.